Want to plan or attend a Parent Coffee?
fill out this form and get started!
COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP FOR HEALTHY YOUTH
Serving the Libertyville/Vernon Hills Area to Reduce Underage Drinking and Substance Use
The communities of District 128 are working towards prevention and reduction of underage drinking and substance use by providing education, awareness and opportunities.
- Increase parent awareness of underage drinking and drug use in order to reduce use and acceptance of use.
- Create educational opportunities.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles (fun activities, other alternatives, etc.)
- Communication across levels. (one-on-one, blogs, websites, telephones, impromptu gatherings, with their own and other children, etc.)
- Increase community awareness of underage drinking and substance use and engage them in developing proactive solutions to reduce use.
- Provide facilities, events, etc. as alternatives. (website)
- Engage newspapers and media in awareness campaign (i.e. Those Who Host Lose The Most)
- Meetings at different locations.
- Communicate the message to different organizations within the community (civic, faith-based, law, and/or community organization)
- Increase educational opportunities for students and staff relating to underage drinking and substance use (Grades 3 and up).
- Become part of curriculum (health, drivers ed, gym classes, etc.)
- Assemblies and/or awareness campaign (staff development)
- Open-House – other opportunities
- First class and/or other club/athletic opportunities – building confidence
- Empower and develop students to be positive role models to reduce substance use.
- Develop student leaders
- Creating opportunities for all age levels to be role models (promote what we have - create website)
- Student networking (website)